How can you become a citizen of the United States? –

Visit us and Contact with an Immigration Lawyer Now!. Call us now! +1 (917) 994-9118

Immigration Attorney - Deportation Defense - Law Firm in New York and New Jersey

Immigration Law Firm in New York

Call us for more information! +1 (917) 994-9118

Naturalization it is the main way for a foreign person to become a U.S. citizen.

American citizenship can be obtained by those who have resided in the United States as a permanent resident (Green Card holder) for a certain number of years.

Obtaining citizenship allows, among other things, to:

– be able to remain outside the United States indefinitely, without the restrictions that are imposed on the Green Card holders who have not obtained a re-entry permit;

– sponsor close family members for a U.S. Green Card;

– acquire the right to vote;

– hold high-level governmental positions;

– get a U.S. passport.

The applicant must meet a few requirements, depending on the individual’s situation.

The general requirements for naturalization are:

– to be at least 18 years old at the time of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

– to be a permanent resident (have a “Green Card”) for at least 5 years.

– to show that he or she has lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you apply.

– to demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.

– to show that he/she has been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.

– to be able to read, write, and speak basic English.

– to have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).

– to be a person of good moral character.

– to demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.

If the application for citizenship is denied, you can file Form N-336 to request a hearing with an immigration officer. At the hearing, you have the right to be represented by an immigration attorney. If the denial is sustained, a litigation law firm will be necessary to file a complaint in a Federal District Court.

Form i 246. Application for a stay of deportation. i-246 - BIA Stay of Removal | Criminal Immigration Lawyer

Immigration interview questions for married couples. Green card interview experience NYC
What are the most common immigration interview questions?
Criminal Immigration Lawyer - Deportation Defense Attorney - Law Firm in New York and New Jersey