How do I renew my Green Card or extend my Visa status? —

Visit us and Contact with an Immigration Lawyer Now!. Call us now! +1 (917) 994-9118

Immigration Attorney - Deportation Defense - Law Firm in New York and New Jersey

Immigration Law Firm in New York

Call us for more information! +1 (917) 994-9118

Unless you were born in the United States, or were born abroad from U.S. citizen parents, you would need a Visa or Green Card to enter and reside in the United States.

There are many categories of Visa available in the United States.

The main distinction is between immigrant and non-immigrant Visas.

Among the non-immigrant Visas, there are employment-based, investment, and corporate Visas.

The L-1 Visa is a non-immigrant Visa for intra-company transfers of Managers, Executives, or Specialized employees of company with office in both the United States and at least one country abroad.

Foreign companies that intend to start doing international business in the U.S. can apply for an L-1 Visa new office.

The Visa will be granted for a period of 1 year.

After the first year, an L1 Visa extension will be granted only if the company is making profits and it is sufficiently staffed.

If a Visa petition is not filed properly, or if necessary documents are not enclosed with the petition, the USCIS will issue a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID).

A NOID is a formal statement from an immigration officer that the petition will be denied unless the required documents are files within a brief period of time, generally 30 days.

Immigrant Visas give the right to a foreign national to live and work in the United States indefinitely.

An immigrant Visa can be either acquired through Consular Processing or through Adjustment of status if the immigrant is already in the U.S. with another non-immigrant status.

Lawful Permanent Residence status does not expire, although the USCIS issue Green Cards with a 10-year expiration date, for security purposes.

The Green Card renewal process starts with the filing of Form I-90 with the USCIS.

However, those that have a 2-year conditional Green Card must seek a renewal by filing of Form I-751 either by way of joint petition or as the abused spouse of a U.S. citizen.


Form i 246. Application for a stay of deportation. i-246 - BIA Stay of Removal | Criminal Immigration Lawyer

Immigration interview questions for married couples. Green card interview experience NYC
What are the most common immigration interview questions?
Criminal Immigration Lawyer - Deportation Defense Attorney - Law Firm in New York and New Jersey