The L1 Visa for Intra-Corporate Transfer –

The L1 Visa for Intra-Corporate Transfer.

When a foreign company wishes to transfer to its American subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture, an executive, manager, or an employee having specialized knowledge and having been employed by the company during no less than one year preceding the application,

It can do so after having obtained the consent of the Department of Immigration. It is necessary however that the American subsidiary, affiliate, joint venture, or branch office be created and that the foreign mother company holds 51% of shares or that shares be split 50%-50% with dual veto power between the foreign and U.S. companies.

Understanding the L-1 Intra-Corporate Visa.

How many times have you listened to advice by people who, in good faith, wanted to help you but misled you in trying to obtain a visa or work permit to the United States?

We will show you that it is not necessary to be misled by utilizing the typical example of an L 1 visa, intracorporate transfer, favoring companies, associations, and all other legal entities which are constituted in a country other than the United States and who establish ties with the U.S..

A foreign general contractor who had been in his business for a long time, decided to settle in the United States, following a slowdown of the market in his home country.

After obtaining his visa, his company must continue to 
function abroad for a reasonable period of time, that is to say that no matter what its charter (federal or provincial) it must continue its activities.

On arrival to the United States, this entrepreneur creates a company having the same (or similar) functions as the foreign company, which becomes the parent company; as long as the operations of this new company are not illegal he will be able to constitute it and to manage it.

Since, however, he has interests both abroad and in the United States, he will have to travel often and the L 1 visa applied for by the foreign company to transfer him to the parent company in the U.S. will allow him to do so at will. Moreover he will have the possibility of living more than 183 consecutive days per year in the U.S.

This limit is imposed on non-Americans (special attention should be paid to the tax aspect of this situation since you may involuntarily become a tax resident of the United States by the duration and status of your stay in America).

This visa is valid for a period of one to three years with a possibility for renewal up to seven years. Consequently, if the presence of this applicant is necessary for the management of the American company he will be able to stay in the United States in order to work. He will not however be able to work for another company.

If at the end of the first year (or any time thereafter) he decides to become a permanent resident of the United States and that the U.S. operation is proved viable he will, thanks to his multinational executive or managerial status, be able to have his status changed from non-immigrant to immigrant.

The waiting period is approximately three years unless that person has exceptional talents.

He will be able to continue working for the company during that period.
The L-1 visa applications are prepared in the intended jurisdiction of operations then sent to the Regional Adjudication Center for INS analysis. One must allow approximately six months in order to obtain approval.

That is the time required in order to complete a file and have it studied. If the individual is in the United States, his tourist visa can be changed to an L-1 visa. If he is abroad, his visa is sent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service to the embassy or to the consulate of the city in which the parent company is established. In some countries, approval of the request is sent to a designated point of entry.

Our entrepreneur, enthusiastic as he is, worries because the company has not made any profits in the past year and has not declared them. He must know that the immigration department is interested in knowing about profits of the foreign company its sales and the number of employees.

In order to satisfy its requirements, the foreign company must have generated a ‘respectable’ sales figure of over $150,000.

Law Offices of Simone Bertollini – Immigration Lawyer in NJ

What are the steps to follow in the L 1 Visa Green Card immigration process? –


Immigration interview questions for married couples. Green card interview experience NYC
Immigration Blog | Blog di Simone Bertollini - Leggi il Blog dell’avvocato Simone Bertollini di New York per le domande più frequenti sui visti USA, la Green Card, e le ultime notizie sulla tanto attesa riforma d’immigrazione.
New York Immigration Lawyer | Dual Citizenship Attorney in New York - Simone Bertollini is an immigration attorney with offices in New York and New Jersey. He handles investor and work Visas, family Green Card, waivers, and complex deportation defense cases, including appeals. Mr. Bertollini has been selected in the Rising Stars list of the Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2015.
Visto H3 Stati Uniti | Visto H-3 per training in USA | Avvocato a New York - Il visto H3 può essere concesso in casi dove viene offerto un training in USA che non è disponibile all’estero e che non genererà lavoro produttivo.
Visto I per giornalisti | Visto USA | Avvocato a New York - Il visto I è riservato a giornalisti e membri di televisioni estere che si recano negli Stati Uniti per conto della loro testata giornalistica o emittente televisiva ai fini di riportare notizie, condurre interviste, reportage, documentari, e altri progetti di natura giornalistica.
Visto J1 Stati Uniti | Visto J-1 Programma di scambio | Avvocato New York - Il visto J1 è per coloro che si recano negli Stati Uniti per un programma di scambio culturale, e permette di lavorare fino a 18 mesi.
Visto L1 | Visto L-1 per trasferimento societario | Avvocato a New York - Il visto L1 permette ad aziende multinazionali con filiali negli Stati Uniti e all’estero di trasferire managers o dipendenti specializzati per tre anni. In genere, solo medio-grandi aziende hanno i requisiti per ottenere un visto L1, mentre le aziende più piccole possono optare per visti investitore E1 o E2.
Visto O1 | Visto O-1 per straordinarie abilità | Avvocato a New York - Il visto O1 è riservato a persone di straordinarie abilità, come chi abbia ricevuto premi, menzioni su giornali, inviti a giudicare il lavoro di altri, e coloro che hanno un ingaggio sopra la media. Il visto O1 permette di lavorare in America, ma solo per l'azienda americana che ha sponsorizzato questo visto di lavoro.
Visto P1 per atleti | Visto P-1 | Visto P1A | Avvocato a New York - Il visto P1 è pensato per atleti riconosciuti a livello internazionale che partecipano in una competizione sportiva, singolarmente o in una squadra.
Visto P2 | Visto di lavoro P-2 | Visto artista P2 | Avvocato a New York - Il visto P2 è per artisti o animatori che si recano negli Stati Uniti nell’ambito di un programma di scambio culturale tra organizzazioni estere e organizzazioni americane. Contatta un avvocato a New York per la domanda di visto P2 o altro visto di lavoro.
Visto R1 | Visto R-1 per lavoratori religiosi | Visto USA | Avvocato New York -
Green Card da ricongiungimento familiare | Carta Verde tramite matrimonio - Il modo più comune per ottenere la Green Card è quello tramite ricongiungimento, ovvero sponsorizzazione di un familiare Americano. I tempi di attesa per la cittadinanza americana per parentela variano molto a seconda che si tratti di un coniuge, un figlio adulto o un fratello di un cittadino americano.
Violenza domestica | Green Card VAWA | Avvocato a New York - La Green Card può essere concessa alle vittime di violenza domestica, ossia di gravi abusi domestici (abuso fisico o psicologico) da parte di un coniuge americano o residente permanente.
Avvocato a New York | Immigrazione | Difesa Penale | Diritto Internazionale - Simone Bertollini è un avvocato italiano con uffici a New York e New Jersey che tratta casi d’immigrazione, incluse espulsioni, difesa penale e contenzioso internazionale. La sua inclusione per 4 anni consecutivi tra le “Rising Stars” della rivista “Super Lawyers” lo rende uno dei migliori avvocati italiani a New York.
Cittadinanza Americana | Doppia Cittadinanza | Passaporto Americano - Contatto un avvocato italiano a New York per sapere come ottenere la doppia cittadinanza americana per naturalizzazione, nascita all'estero da genitori americani, o la procedura di naturalizzazione tramite un nonno americano. Scopri inoltre le procedure per l'ottenimento del passaporto americano.
Normativa Fatca per cittadini americani residenti in Italia - Scopri tutte le regole della normativa FATCA per i cittadini americani residenti in Italia, incluse le regole per la rinuncia alla cittadinanza americana.
Difesa casi di espulsione Stati Uniti | Avvocato d immigrazione a New York. - Contatta Simone Bertollini, avvocato d immigrazione a New York, per la migliore difesa tecnica nei procedimenti di espulsione dagli Stati Uniti e assistenza nelle procedure di waiver per coloro che hanno precedenti penali negli Stati Uniti o in Italia.
Asilo Politico negli Stati Uniti | Green Card USA | Avvocato a New York - L’ asilo politico è riservato a cittadini di paesi in stato di guerra o forte instabilità socio politica che possano dimostrare di non poter tornare al proprio paese a causa di grave rischio di morte, tortura o detenzione illegale a sfondo politico.
Visto U per vittime di gravi crimini | Green Card | Avvocato a New York - Il visto U è per vittime di gravi crimini la cui collaborazione nelle indagini delle forze dell’ordine è sostanziale e decisiva. Il visto U è concesso a chiunque, anche a immigrati illegali, e può essere convertito in Green Card.
Difesa Penale Internazionale | Diritto Internazionale Penale | Avvocato - Contatta un avvocato italiano a New York se sei stato arrestato in Italia o all’estero e sei in attesa di estradizione negli Stati Uniti. L’avvocato Simone Bertollini ha le qualifiche e l’esperienza per difendere i casi più complessi di diritto penale internazionale che riguardano Italia e America.
Immigrazione da Investimenti | Visti investitore USA | Avvocato a New York - Se sei interessato ad effettuare un investimento negli Stati Uniti, contatta un avvocato d'immigrazione a New York per scoprire se hai i requisiti per i visti da investitore, come il visto E-1, il visto E-2, o il visto EB5.
Green Card EB5 | Visto EB-5 | Carta Verde EB5 | Avvocato a New York - Il visto EB5 è riservato a coloro che investono 1 milione di dollari in un attività commerciale che creerà 10 nuovi posizioni lavorative per americani. L’investimento può essere di 500.000 dollari se effettuato in aree rurali o zone ad alta disoccupazione.
EB-2 Visa | EB2 Green Card | New York Immigration Attorney - The EB-2 Green Card is for professionals and workers with exceptional abilities that are sponsored by a U.S. company for permanent employment.
H1B Visa Entrepreneurs | self-sponsored H-1B Visa | Immigration Attorney - Speak to an experienced immigration attorney in New York to learn whether you qualify for a self-sponsored H1B Visa for entrepreneurs or a Green Card.
L1 Visa | L-1 Intra-Company Transferee Visa | Immigration Attorney - Speak to an experienced New York Immigration Attorney if you company is applying for an L1 Visa, L-1A or L1B to transfer a manager or employee in the U.S.
TN Visa | TN Visa for Canadians | TN Visa for Mexicans - If you are a citizen of Canada and Mexico with professional qualifications and a job offer from a U.S. employer, you may be eligible to apply for a TN Visa under the NAFTA agreement. Contact an experienced immigration lawyer to learn more!
Family-based Green Card | Green Card through family reunification - Speak to an experienced New York Immigration Attorney if you are a U.S. citizen and want to sponsor a relative for a family-based Green Card.
Visto B1 USA | Visto B-1 B-2 USA | Visto USA | Avvocato a New York - Il visto B1 è concesso a chi si reca negli Stati Uniti per affari, ovvero partecipazione a riunioni di lavoro, convegni, negoziazione di contratti, o acquisto di immobili. Il visto B-2 è di rado concesso a chi vuole recarsi in USA in vacanza per più di 3 mesi. Il diniego di un visto B1 o B2 comporta la revoca dell ESTA
Visto E1 Import Export | Visto E-1 Stati Uniti | Avvocato a New York - Se sei un produttore italiano o imprenditore che vuole esportare il proprio prodotto negli Stati Uniti, contatta un avvocato a New York per tutte le informazioni sull’ottenimento del visto E1 per Import Export tra Italia e America.
Visto E2 da Investitore | Visto E2 USA | Visto E-2 | Investire negli Stati Uniti - Il visto E2 è concesso a coloro che intendono investire negli Stati Uniti in un’azienda attiva ed operante che non generi ricavi marginali, ovvero ricavi appena sufficienti al sostentamento dell'investitore. Generalmente, gli investimenti immobiliari sono considerati "passivi" e non idonei per ottenere il visto E2.
Visto di lavoro USA | Immigrazione di lavoro | Lavorare negli Stati Uniti - Il visto di lavoro negli Stati Uniti è concesso a professionisti, artisti, e personale altamente specializzato che ha un’offerta d’impiego da un azienda americana. Contatta un avvocato italiano a New York per saperne di più sulle varie categorie di visti immigrante e non-immigrante disponibili.
Green Card EB1 | Visto EB-1 | Carta Verde USA | Avvocato a New York - La Green Card EB1 è riservata a individui di straordinarie abilità, professori universitari e managers di aziende multinazionali. Le straordinarie abilità si dimostrano con ricezione di premi, menzioni su giornali e riviste, partecipazione ad eventi di alto profilo, e un alto salario.
Green Card EB2 | Visto EB-2 | Carta Verde USA | Avvocato a New York - Il visto EB2 (Green Card) è riservato a professionisti in possesso di una laurea o un dottorato di ricerca, o alle persone di eccezionale abilità. Coloro che possono dimostrare di poter offrire una contribuzione d’interesse nazionale possono presentare la domanda di visto EB2 senza lo sponsor di un datore di lavoro.
Green Card EB3 | Visto EB-3 | Carta Verde USA | Avvocato a New York - La Green Card EB3 è richiesta da un datore di lavoro americano in favore di lavoratori qualificati, professionisti e altri lavoratori non specializzati. Il datore di lavoro americano deve poter dimostrare di non aver trovato lavoratori americani capaci o disposti ad accettare il lavoro offerto.
Green Card EB4 | Visto EB-4 | Green Card USA | Avvocato a New York - Il visto EB4 è riservato a varie categorie di immigrati speciali, come ad esempio lavoratori religiosi, bambini abbandonati, diplomatici di lunga residenza, e vittime di violenza domestica da parte di un coniuge americano o residente permanente.
Visto H1B | Visto H1-B Stati Uniti | Visto lavoro USA | Avvocato a New York - Il visto H1B è concesso a lavoratori specializzati in possesso di una laurea quadriennale e un offerta di lavoro da parte di un azienda americana.
Visto H2A | Visto di lavoro H-2A | Visto H2B | Visto di lavoro H-2B - Il visto H-2A è concesso a coloro che si recano negli Stati Uniti per lavori stagionali agricoli, mentre il visto H-2B è concesso a lavoratori stagionali di carattere non-agricolo. I visti H2 sono concessi per un massimo di 12 mesi alla volta. Il lavoratore deve poter dimostrare di tornare al suo paese dopo la scadenza
E2 Visa | E-2 Treaty Investor Visa | New York Immigration Attorney - If you are planning to make a substantial investment in the United States, and you are a citizen of one of the Treaty Countries, you may be qualified to get an E2 investor Visa. As a former immigrant and E2 Visa holder, I am an immigration attorney with unparalleled firsthand experience with the Treaty Investor Visa.
EB-5 Green Card | EB5 Immigrant Investor Visa | Immigration Attorney - The EB-5 Green Card is for wealthy investors that are interested in a quick path to permanent residency and U.S. citizenship by investment.
U.S. Citizenship Lawyer in New York | Dual Italian Citizenship Lawyer - If you have been a Green Card holder for 5 years, you may be eligible to become a U.S. Citizen and get an American Passport. U.S. citizens are also allowed to hold Dual Citizenship. I am one of the very few U.S. Citizenship lawyers with firsthand experience with the immigration and citizenship process.
Corporate Immigration | Immigrant & non-immigrant Visa | L-1 Blanket Visa -
Deportation defense lawyer | New York Deportation defense attorney - Call a deportation defense lawyer immediately if you or a loved one have been arrested by immigration authorities or placed in deportation proceedings.
Criminal Immigration Lawyer | Criminal Immigration Attorney - If you are a non-citizen and have been charged with a State or Federal criminal offense, you should immediately contact a criminal immigration lawyer.
Dual U.S. - Italian Citizenship | Dual Citizenship Italy USA | Italian Passport - Dual Italian Citizenship can be claimed by most U.S. citizens of Italian descent. Both Italy and the United States allow Dual Citizenship. Contact our Citizenship Lawyers for assistance in procuring all the Italian and American certificates required to apply for Dual Italian Citizenship and an Italian Passport.
Dual U.S. - Italian Citizenship | Dual Citizenship Italy USA | Italian Passport - Dual Italian Citizenship can be claimed by most U.S. citizens of Italian descent. Both Italy and the United States allow Dual Citizenship. Contact our Citizenship Lawyers for assistance in procuring all the Italian and American certificates required to apply for Dual Italian Citizenship and an Italian Passport.
One and the same person Court order | Amendment of vital records in NY - If you are an applicant for Dual Italian citizenship but have vital records containing one or more discrepancies, contact an experienced attorney to get a "One and the same" person Court order or to amend a birth or death certificate issued in New York or New Jersey.
Employment-based immigration | Immigrant Visas | Non-immigrant Visas - Hire an experienced New York Immigration Attorney if you have been offered a job by a U.S. company and you are in need of an employment Visa or Green Card.
K1 Visa | K-1 Fiancee Visa | New York Immigration Attorney - If you are the fiancee of a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a K1 Visa, which would allow you to enter to the U.S. and get married within 3 months.
Waivers | Immigration Waiver | Form I-601 | New York Immigration Attorney -
Writ of Mandamus | N-400 delays | I-485 delays | Immigration Attorney NY - If your naturalization or adjustment of status case has been delayed, speak to an experienced immigration attorney to file a petition for a Writ of Mandamus
Visto K1 per fidanzati di americani | Visto K-1 fiancé | Avvocato a New York - Il visto K1 è per fidanzati di cittadini americani, (incluse coppie dello stesso sesso) che vogliono entrare in USA per contrarre matrimonio entro 90 giorni. Una volta entrati negli Stati Uniti con un visto K1, verranno concessi fino a 90 giorni per sposarsi e richiedere la Green Card.
Domande frequenti | Immigrazione USA | Avvocato a New York - Le domande più frequenti d’immigrazione americana.
Immigration Law | Business, Employment, Family Visas | Removal cases - Contact a New York Immigration Attorney for qualified assistance with Business Visas, Work Visas, Family Visas, and Deportation defense.
Adjustment of Status | Green Card | US Permanent Residency | Form I-485 - If you are the beneficiary of an immigrant petition, you may be eligible to apply for adjustment of status and become a lawful permanent resident. A Green Card allows a non-citizen to live and work indefinitely in the United States. After 5 years of being a Green Card holder, it is possible to get for U.S. citizenship.
Immigration Appeals | Petition for Review | New York Immigration Attorney - If your immigration case was denied, contact an experienced immigration attorney to file an appeal with the BIA or a Federal Court of Appeals.
Business Immigration Attorney | Business Immigration Lawyer in New York - Speak to a New York Immigration Attorney for complete and personalized Business Immigration solutions to emigrate to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis.
E1 Visa | E-1 Treaty Trader Visa | New York Immigration Attorney - The E1 Visa is for those that are coming to the United States to engage in a substantial, continuous trade between their country and the United States. It does not create a path to U.S. citizenship but there are no limits of extensions that can be requested.
E3 Visa | E-3 Visa for Australian Professionals | Immigration Attorney - As an Australian citizen with a bachelor degree, you could qualify for an E3 Visa to live and work in the United States. Contact us to learn more!
EB-1 Visa | EB1 Extraordinary Ability Green Card | Immigration Attorney - The EB-1 Green Card is for individuals of Extraordinary ability, outstanding university professors and multinational managers immigrating to the United States. Many criteria can be used to prove EB1 extraordinary ability, such as receipt of awards, having judged the work of others, or commanding a high salary.
EB-3 Visa - New York Immigration Attorney - The EB-3 Visa is for skilled and unskilled workers that have an offer of employment from a U.S. company that cannot find American workers available.
O1 Visa Lawyer | O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa | O1B Artist Visa | 01 Visa - The O1 Visa is reserved to aliens of extraordinary ability, which can be proved with receipt of awards, newspaper or magazine articles about the Visa beneficiary, evidence of having judged the work of others, or evidence of a high salary compared to a peer. Contact an O-1 Visa lawyer for a free eligibility assessment.
P1 Visa | P-1 Visa Internationally Recognized Athlete | Immigration Lawyer - The P1 Visa is reserved to internationally-recognized athletes that are coming to America to perform for a U.S. team in a professional competition.§-240b5cii/§-240b5c/ tracking of error coram vobis§-212c-212c-relief-form-i-191-youtube/ 1b§-1546-fraud-and-misuse-of-visas-18-usc-1546-a/ officer forum§-160-15-robbery-in-the-first-degree/